Most of us Armenians have a distant relative living in the United States of America, from early settlers who somehow escaped the Genocide to those who migrated during the Soviet years, the wars in the Middle East, or the post-independence economic Crisis. One may want to visit a relative, while others may want to visit for tourism, here is what you need to know.
America is such a beautiful country! From the East Coast to the West, you’ll find a diverse landscape filled with stunning state parks, famous attractions, breathtaking scenic drives, and incredible museums. It’s truly a place that offers something for everyone to enjoy. Every state has its unique charm and much to offer travelers. You’ll find a mix of culture, stunning landscapes, and mouthwatering food that will definitely make your Instagram feed pop.
Suppose you’re planning a family vacation in the United States but have yet to decide on a destination. In that case, we’ve put together a list of some of the destinations that you should consider trying, as well as 15 smart travel hacks that will no doubt help you plan a more enjoyable and affordable vacation more quickly and efficiently. Let’s get started.
Choosing a destination
Choosing a holiday spot for your loved ones might be challenging. There are many factors to consider, including school and work schedules, the budget, desired activities, sights, and the interests of children and parents alike. Making a list of everyone’s interests and the things you do as a group might get you off to a fantastic start. This article will help you decide where to go.
It would help to list some places you’ve always wanted to visit and research what fun things you can do there. Considering your budget, favor destinations known for their beautiful scenery, an array of land and sea activities, relaxing spas, and delicious cuisine. Depending on your interests and the amenities at your potential destinations, you can narrow down your options. Choose a location that is sure to be fun and relaxing for everyone.
Top US Vacations in 2023
Chicago is an excellent destination for family vacations because of its affordability. You can do various things at no cost, many of which are fun, kid-friendly activities. Chicago was named a top destination for 2023 because of its low prices at restaurants and convenient public transportation. A number of Chicago’s attractions were also recognized in various categories of USA Today’s 10 Best Readers’ Choice Awards 2023.
Orlando is regarded as a premier holiday destination in the US. It is renowned for its four prominent theme parks–SeaWorld, Walt Disney World, Legoland, and Universal Studios. Its diverse entertainment options ensure that individuals of all ages can discover activities that cater to their preferences, offering significant benefits for families and social circles alike. Due to its consistently higher temperatures, Orlando is an excellent year-round destination for travelers.
Los Angeles, California
The wine country and world-famous national parks are just two of the many attractions found in California, also sometimes referred to as the Golden State. You can explore the center of the entertainment industry and do touristy things like drive past the mansions of celebrities, visit the Warner Bros. studio lot, and pose in front of the Hollywood sign. Even more amusement is available at Santa Monica Pier, one of Los Angeles’ most visited landmarks. In addition to enjoying the sights of the lake, you can ride roller coasters and a Ferris wheel.
New York City, New York
New York City is one of those places you can visit all year round. There’s a lot to love about The City That Never Sleeps—from its magnificent, high-end hotels, its abundant nightlife attractions, its unique neighborhoods, and the buzz of city life itself. Families can do so many incredible things there for free—everyone can find their perfect moment. Also, because of the city’s diverse population, you may find delicious dishes from all over the world there. There are so many possibilities in The Big Apple for you to indulge your inner foodie.
Travel hacks for every traveler
The devil is in the details! It’s the little things that may make or break a vacation: a hassle-free flight booking, a prime parking place, and a genuine local meal. Use our travel hacks on every trip you take to avoid common errors and make the most of exciting possibilities.
- Pack an Airtag inside your suitcase if you plan on checking it to keep tabs on its whereabouts and make sure it makes it to its final destination.
- Allocate your spending to a credit card that rewards you with travel points.
- If you want to save money, look for flights that depart during off-peak periods (like the middle of the week, the wee hours of the morning, or with a layover).
- If you’re more concerned about getting where you’re going on time than saving money, you should book a flight first thing in the morning.
- If you find a flight you like but need more time to book, you can have FareCompare email you if the price drops below a certain threshold. If it falls, that’s terrific. If not, make your reservation as soon as possible or wait to see if the price drops again.
- Always schedule extra time in case of delays.
- With connecting flights, ensure that you schedule a 90-minute layover between flights to account for any airline delays, security checks, etc.
- Leadar can help you find locals whose assistance can be handy during your trip—a tour guide to show you around, a mechanic to fix your car, and more. These options are typically more budget-friendly and convenient.
- Misplacing your passport is so possible that you must ensure you have multiple copies of it and any other travel documents you’ll need.
- Consider the expense of doing laundry versus that of checking a bag. Instead of buying extra luggage, it may be more cost-effective to pack lightly and do laundry.
- Invest in reliable travel insurance and keep a toothbrush, an additional change of clothes, and underwear in your carry-on bag in case your checked bags go missing.
- Download the offline versions of Google Maps and take screenshots of the information you’ll need if you won’t have data access or are traveling to a distant place.
- If you’re traveling with kids, bring a busy bag to keep them engaged all day. It should contain food, a tablet computer, toys, and anything else your little one enjoys doing in their spare time.
- Always ensure you have an extra pen, especially if you know you’ll need to fill out documents at customs or take notes during a driving or walking tour.
- Include 10 to 20 percent in your travel budget if you are in an unexpected situation.
As you prepare for your next family getaway, remember that vacations aren’t just about having fun and trying new things together. They also have some excellent hidden benefits that can last long after the trip. So keep that in mind, and enjoy your time away with your loved ones!